View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Quiltforme

Sunday morning at 5am my son woke up croup cough and so I did the normal run to the bathroom and turn the shower on for the moist heat that my doctor told me about many years ago. Well his throat closed up on him and he could not breathe it was the scariest thing I had to EVER deal with. I grabbed my daughters inhaler this helped get him to breathe again we rushed him to the ER and was told that they no longer tell moms to use the shower to treat croup it is now take them outdoors for cool air or open a freezer to help with the breathing. t(((hey are seeing a new trend with croup the throat closing and wheezing/pnumonia type symptoms.))) I HAD NO IDEA they also treated it with steroids which since I had gone to bed at 4:50am that same moring woke up to him coughing at 5am it makes for a VERY long day. He was so wired and I was very tired. I stayed up all night again for fear it would happen again. So mom, and Grandmom's just an FYI since I had been treating my son's croup like this for 4 years. I hope you don't have to go through this but if you do. Open the freezer instead of running a shower!!