Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
trupeach1
Banned

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
QUICK QUESTION, how many wrap the gifts within the box and who doesn't?
I don't this being the reason, if I have several things that are in boxes that have to be wrapped then the boxes are taking up space where I would be able to put something else in the box. Now go ahead everyone and take my idea but this is genius.....I take the box and put ribbon across the bottom and up the sides with enough extra to go across the top and ties a bow. I do it both the long way and short way of the box. Then depending on the size box (a med flate rate I use 1/2 yd fabric) I line the box with the fabric as you would tissue paper so that it will come across the top of the pressies making sure the ribbon is sticking out. Then I fill the box will all the pressies. If it is something breakable I wrap it in fabric no bubble wrap. I want to be able to CRAM as much into the box as possible and boxes in boxes is a waste of space. If by change the person getting the pressie opens it they will see it is wrapped in fabric and hopefully will not continue to until the bow and fold back the fabric exposing the pressies. It would take an idiot to not realize that they should wait.

OHHHHHHHHHH what it now costs for bubble wrap and tissue paper that get tossed or re used I think it is better to replace that with fabric for a quilter and it probably cost almost the same.