Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

boy, i really go through this too often! i have found when i just can not seem to make my self get busy when my project list is seeming overwhelming and i am running out of time i pick up something that is fast...like a set of coasters or a tote bag...and i go make it...start to finish...seems once i actually accomplish something in record time it frees my mind to move forward and i can keep going. i have found there are times when i go 2 weeks without accomplishment if i just go accomplish something i can get back on track...that and hubby says i work well under pressure...when deadlines are looming i really jump in and get it done...it is very stressful sometimes.
i prioritise my projects not only by date but also by time needed...if i have a couple big projects to get done i have found i do better with them if i get a couple easy/quick projects done. once a quilt starts 'coming together' it usually goes fast, takes awhile to get there though, so i will if tired of working on blocks or something i do not feel guilty if i set it aside for today...and make 3 smaller things, then i can go back and work on the biggy again for awhile.