View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

boy, i know what you are going through, after spending the past 15 years working odd shifts, different rotating days and having 2-3 weekdays off every week suddenly the middle of July i was offered a new position at my work, for monday through friday 7am-3pm...boy i jumped on it...my thoughts...boy i don't know how to act, every weekend off? every holiday off? no more over nights, ect, ect...i was so excited. then it all started and i was right about one thing...i don't know how to act...i have not figured out how to get things done. i was so used to having whole days during the week to accomplish things, now i am at work every day during the week and during the weekends, well hubby is home too, and it is hard to lock my self away in my sewing room when he is around; not that he isn't supportive of my hobby, but it seems like every 20minutes- half an hour he is wandering into the sewing room to see what i'm doing now, how's it going? are you about ready for a break? .... and i am not getting as much sewing time at work either, used to work off shifts and there was always (down-time) to sit and sew, now on days...busy busy.
i keep telling myself i will get better, and i am but i still have a way's to go to become better organized again, it's amazing how this change i thought was such an awesome change has changed my whole life.