View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Quilter4HireAndFun

I print all my paper piecing patterns on my laser and ink jet printers. And when I need extra copies...I make the pattern in EQ-7 and print one copy and then take it to FedEx-Kinko's and print whatever number the pattern requires. Golden Threads paper is wonder...but somewhat expensive. Saving this cost on paper depends upon the size of your project and the number of blocks you want to make.
I agree with the comment about tracing...it is not accurate and paper piecing is all about accuracy...that is...giving your blocks more accuracy as you just sew on the lines. If you PM me with questions when you actually start your project, if you have any, I would be glad to help. I do a lot of paper piecing. If you are doing a whole quilt top with all paper piecing, I do prefer the printing to be all done on the same copier...for size consistency.
Also, remember...you can "pencil" your paper piecing patterns with the color of fabric you want to put in each spot...sometiimes before copying...this can save you a lot of marking time.
Good luck and enjoy the process...it can be a little bit difficult to start (but what learning curve isn't?) but the rewards are great and it is so much fun when you actually "get the process"