View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Feathers

Elle: I belong to a quilt group and each member takes turns teaching the rest of the group a block, or some project each month. This month we learned fabric origami and English Paper Pieced hexagons for a Grandmother's Flower garden. I didn't do too well on the Origami. I'm all big toes for some reason. Did OK with the Hex but I have arthritis and I don't like hand stitching so I may NEVER finish a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. Another member taught us all how to make those wonderful fabric bowls; someone else taught thread painting and we've learned how to make many, many different blocks. The group has told me I CANNOT teach another block with curved pieces like Drunkard's Path, Melon-shaped blocks with rounded pieces, applique, etc. I love these blocks but others in the group struggle with them. I LOVE learning new applications and trying new things. I don't always want to repeat the lesson but I like to know how the block or project is made. We have a great bunch of ladies and our skill levels are from newbie to very advanced. I'm intermediate most days, other days I'm a rank beginner!