Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
n2scraplvr

After doing one block of this Tangled Star, I decided not to go any further and turned it into a mini. I'll include my pattern for you. If you make this block, the diagonals are done separately and then joined together. Piecing needs to be done precisely and I like it better done in 3 colors than scrappy like I did. I realized I didn't make the pattern right because when I finished, there was no room to add borders so I had to sew on the edge. LOL. I HQ it and the back was turned to the front for the binding.

I handpainted this Rose Trellis border at the same time I marbelized the fabrics for my last mini, Spiky Poppies. I found an orphan block that will look great with this border. The border I painted the entire 22" length so I'll be able to use bits of it for another mini border! I haven't painted the fine details of the roses yet, but just may leave it as is since the scale needs to be right for the mini. I really am having fun with the painting part and it's a nice change to do a border first and then pick out a block or design a mini from it. Hope you like my projects. Tangled Star is also known as Birthday Star. I'll include a picture of the block for you to see how it looks in 3 colors. Can't remember where I found this. Thanks for looking! :-D

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95456[/ATTACH]

here's more of the strip showing my color wash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95510[/ATTACH]

Tangled Star mini
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95540[/ATTACH]

here it is on point
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95541[/ATTACH]

here's the block shown in 3 colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95542[/ATTACH]

here's my pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95954[/ATTACH]

handpainted Rose Trellis border I'll use w/this pinwheel block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95451.jpe   attachment-95505.jpe   attachment-95535.jpe   attachment-95536.jpe   attachment-95537.jpe  

attachment-95949.jpe   attachment-96245.jpe