View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:13 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by ckcowl
really you do not plan on your table runner being washed? do you cover them with something to keep them clean? the first table runner i made years ago, i did not wash, i made it, gave it to my mother for mothers day...she loved it and used it...and she threw it in the wash when needed, being 100% cotton should not be a problem...well i did not quilt it all that well, used warm & natural, it shrank and became all mis-shapen...she was so bumbed, ironing it helped, but i felt like such a heel for giving her a gift without (doing it right) after that i always wash my finished runners to make sure they are going to behave. i do not want to give something that will stress someone out. and i use runners all over my house and they all get washed, at least before putting away when changing seasons or just switching them out.
Yes, I do wash my table runners, and plan that they can be washed. But table runners are not like clothing, don't get washed OFTEN. These are gifts from very nice fabrics given for Christmas gifts. I figure they will be washed once a year and the gold on them should hold up.