Thread: I'm from Texas!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 04:24 AM
Tolelady53

I've been lurking here for several weeks, and really like the fact that the board is very active with a lot of participation. I've been quilting for about 25 years (OMG) and I love it still.

Earlier this year I was concerned that I had was losing my love of quilting because every time I picked up something to quilt...it became a "job" not a "joy." Ultimately in May I had to have "emergency" surgery when they finally discovered I had a mass that covered my abdoment. During surgery they removed 3 ovarian tumors (one with encapsulated stage 1a cancer), lymphnodes, ovaries and 10 liters of fluid. Within 3 weeks of leaving the hospital I lost 47 pounds! Woohoo! I've gained back some but working on it.

The biopsies ultimate showed that the cancer, although beginning, was high-grade malignancy and it was recommended that I take chemotherapy. I had 3 treatments (actually their was 4-in-1...so I really had 12) 7 weeks apart.

I'm on the mend and getting my hair back...and my love of quilting! So what better place to chat than with others who love quilting as much as I do. I look forward to "meeting" y'all!