View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 AM
karenm36

Help! I'm learning to hand quilt and for the last 2 days I cannot get the stitches on the back of the quilt to look like the front of the quilt no matter how hard I try. What could I be doing wrong? AND...how much "alike" are they supposed to be?(Currently I have only done SID on this...later I want to do a floral motif).

I'm wondering since I've done 4 nine inch blocks so far should I rip all this out and just machine stitch or keep on at this? Or if I can't get the quilting to look better...is it okay to start machine stitching from here on out on the same quilt leaving the handing stitching I have already done in place. I really would like to hand stitch it all...just wish the back looked better...the front looks okay.

Also I've tried loading my needle and using the rocking method and that makes the back look even worse. The stab method looks better and so I've been using that.

I'm able to use one of the smallest betweens...that's working okay. I have tried quilting using a large oval quilting hoop and also a pvc floor frame. The floor frame is working better.

ANY suggestions or comments would be welcomed. Thanks!