View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Farm Quilter

Originally Posted by gzbird101
THanks everyone for your suggestions and comments! I AM charging way too low! I think the hardest part of quilting is telling people the cost! Any suggestions? Do you have cards printed out or them on a price list? I have it all in my head then quote a price. Boy, I must be shortchanging myself!!
It is easiest if you can make a simple wall-hanging with 6 inch squares, quilt each square differently, from simple meander and working up to complex custom, use sashing between them and put the price per square inch in the sashing - use paper and pin the price on so you don't have to re-make the wall-hanging when your prices go up. This gives your customers a visual to go by and they can easily determine how much quilting they want and are willing to pay for. Also have a sheet printed with your prices. I also give my customers a sheet that tells them what I expect from them as far as preparing the quilt for quilting - from size of batting and backing, to the 1/2" seam on backing ironed open, trimming threads from the back of the quilt top, as well as the information that I will be happy to do this prep work for them, for $20 an hour!