Thread: Avatar Quilts
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Sallyjane

Originally Posted by craftyone27
HI LADIES!! I am not posting a picture here(yet). But I am asking some of you to please post one. If your avatar pic is a quilt - please post a bigger pic along with the name and designer of the block. A link to directions you used might be nice as well. I am asking because due to the small size of the avatar pics it is sometimes difficult to pick out all the detail and identify the pattern. Thanks in advance for participating - can't wait to see your pics!!
Here is mine, as you can see it is a traditional log cabin, with trapunto hearts in the center of each square. The lightest fabric, used for the sashing a center squares has famous quotes, which seemed so appropriate, as the gift was for my DIL, when she graduated with her BA in English. She completed her eduation while raising 4 little ones, aged 4 and under. She has since had another, which made 5 kids in 5.5 years! She is amazing. As I was spending hours quilting this, I couldn't help but think of all the hours that she was pouring into her kids and her education!

Log Cabin w/ Trapunto heart center squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95296[/ATTACH]

Close up of binding, etc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95299[/ATTACH]

Close-up of quilting and trapunto hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95300[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95291.jpe   attachment-95294.jpe   attachment-95295.jpe