View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 AM
PBCHRETIEN

I recently went to a LQS to get some inspiration. When I walked into the shop there was no one there. I mean there was no one at the front part of the store or at the register. The door did chime when I walked in and no one came out. I went ahead and started looking around at the notions, patterns, etc. Then I heard people talking and giggling. (I was the only customer in the shop.) They wer talking about another customer who was in the shop that day and just had alot of questions. Well, I guess, from the tone in the workers voice that the customer was somewhat annoying to them because of all of the questions. I continued to walk around the shop and still no one realized that I was there. I heard on of the employees say that "the customer couldn't afford anything in the store anyway". I was shocked. As I made the corner while looking at the fabric, it was then that they "workers" realized that I was there.

After realizing that I was actually in the store right in front of them....NO ONE GOT UP TO HELP ME! The OWNER then said to let them know if I needed any help. NO ONE STOPPED EATING THEIR LUNCH. I had already been in the shop for about 20 minutes before they realized that I was there and they still did not feel the need to get up and help me. I continue to write down the fabric names and manufactures. As I was walking to the door, the owner came out with her mouth still full of food and chewing and asked me if she could help me!

I told her that I was just looking for some inspiration. THE OWNER THEN DIRECTED ME TO THE SALE TABLE IN THE BACK!!!!!! I was just floored by these actions. I just walked out of the store and left. I will never go to the shop again. I wish that I was a fly on the wall to hear what they had to say about me.

This quilt shop is a 45 minute drive from my house and after this experience....they will NEVER see me or my money.

Thanks for letting me vent.