View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM
seasaw2mch

Ok I finally finished the Quilts for the families in my son's unit that lost their husbands in Afghanistan this past month

AJ never got to see his dad, as he is only 1 month old. The guys in the unit wanted to do something that he could have in memory of his dad so they asked if I could make a quilt for him that they all could sign. I add the quilt for Savanna as well so she also would have something from them to help her through this rough time.

The McAninch family also lost their husband/father. His wife now has 5 children to raise on her own. Well not completely alone as they are well supported but you know what I mean. For them I made a wall hanging that the guys could sign as well.

I wish I could do more but I did the best I could. All 3 will be in the mail tomorrow.

Baby AJ's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91038[/ATTACH]

Baby AJ's Center block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91039[/ATTACH]

Wife Savanna's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91040[/ATTACH]

Savanna's close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91041[/ATTACH]

forgot to add back of AJ's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91042[/ATTACH]

McAninch's wall haning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91429[/ATTACH]

this is the center block I had to draw this out and took me half a day to do but I think it was worth every minute of my time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91586[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91033.jpe   attachment-91034.jpe   attachment-91035.jpe   attachment-91036.jpe   attachment-91037.jpe  

attachment-91424.jpe   attachment-91581.jpe