View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:49 AM
happymrs

This is an interesting question, &, in some respects, a real eye opener. We moved here to NC, from CA, 13yrs ago, & I have often felt so alone, even when it comes to my quilting. But, reading some of the posts here, maybe alone with my quilting isn't so bad. I enjoy people too, just don't know many who quilt, & no one real close by. I have all I could wish for in my studio, except more space, lol, so I have nothing to complain about. I also hear how many of you prefer sewing alone, & the problems of sewing with others, or lugging your machine elsewhere, to sew with others. So, I am rethinking this situation & kind of changing my mind here. I do go to quilt club at the local, far from here, LQS once a month & do enjoy that, but I guess, in alot of ways, here at home, on my own, is best afterall... I have DH & my 3 dogs for company, so I am not totally alone either...I have music, tv, or DVDs for company too, if I decide it's way to quiet, but sometimes, I just love the quiet, & looking out my window, into the woods that surround us here, ahh, so peaceful!...