View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 AM
newestnana

Finally...my Thinking Outside the Block quilt...finished, laundered, labelled, shams made, and ready to take to the wedding next week. The bride thought black and white would be interesting, but also likes jeweltones. Her bridesmaids are wearing emerald green.

The quilting (on my Janome 6600): started with diagonals, which went through all the green squares. Then I did a large meander through the rest of the quilt (inside the borders), avoiding the green squares. More or less "hid" a heart shape in most of the blocks. Stitched in the ditch on both sides of the green border, and then did a chain kind of thing in the wide black border (it's actually black with little stars on it).

Working on the black/white, and especially quilting with black thread, was really tough on my eyes :-(

I like the fact that laundering it (went to a laundromat for a big machine and used color catchers) created the crinkled look, hiding the flawed workmanship LOL.

I didn't have many scraps left of the original fabrics, so I used the backing fabric for the shams.

Shams
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113522[/ATTACH]

Thinking Outside the Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113903[/ATTACH]

Quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113904[/ATTACH]

Borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113905[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113517.jpe   attachment-113898.jpe   attachment-113899.jpe   attachment-113900.jpe