View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
stevendebbie25

I'd love to ask anyone, about a wide variety of quilt tools from rotaries, rulers, aids, and even books & magazines.
There are so many on the market, and I know some who have a dozen different seam rippers. And some will swear by one product after having tried several. It would sure help "Newbies" and all quilters, to hear the opinions of others on these tools.

To start us off, I'd like to ask about rotaries. What do you use, and why? I've got an assortment of sizes of Olfa rotaries, and love the tiny one for nipping off my points at seams. I love the large one for cutting polar fleece. I love the auto blade cover (release the handle and it covers the blade) for classes so I don't get caught with an open blade on my table. But I LOVE my Gingher as these blades stay 'sharp'! I have made a King, 3 queen, 6 full & a lap, plus have 3 twins cut, all on one blade...amazing! And I recently realized, use the Gingher blade in the same size handle of my "release" Olfa. Dah! Ok, I'm not the sharpest pin in my pincushion.

And yes, I am trying to become a recovering "gadget" junky. :roll: :roll: