Thread: Janome 6600P
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Mary M

It was a known problem that the paint was not holding up on some Janomes. It sure wasn't because we were abusing them after paying that much money. I am truly happy that you aren't having any problems with yours but that isn't to say that others have not had their share. I use the machine like I have used machines in the past 50 years, caring for them but still using them as that is why I have sewing machines. If a lotion is causing the scissors to fade away then I wonder why it hasn't happened with my other machines.......oh well, just telling of my experience for the benefit of the poster.

Originally Posted by wvdek
You got a steal. That machine new is around $1800.00.

As far as the Janome that is chipping, button losing design paint, etc.
My quilting teacher has had hers for about 6 years. She has sewn over 50 - 75 quilts on it, fabric bowls, and a gazillion other things. Still looks new. No chips, no lost button design, nadda. I have had mine for about three to four years now (I lost count), and still looks new. We both treat our machines like babies, are not rough on them, do not wear lotions or eat greasy, sticky foods around them. I am wondering if you wear a lotion that is robbing the button of its design. Anyway, should have held up much better than what you describe.