Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
PrettyKitty

Hi All,

Well, if you saw my post about my 'Busy Day' on Saturday, ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/11213.page ) you know I have decided to do a baby quilt for my friends baby's (little girl called Charlotte Margaret) Baptism, which is this coming Sunday. Quite ambitious for a rookie like me!

Progress so far:

Saturday 13th Sept : Amy Butler charm packs purchased
Sunday 14th Sept : All charms pieced in 9 patch blocks, cut, and arranged in Disappearing 9 Patch pattern. Started to sew them together when my sewing machine throws a wobbly and won't sew anymore - Eek!
Monday 15th Sept : Old machine comes to the rescue - quilt top now all pieced together, pressed, squared up and ready for next step. Quilt inspectors have inspected and approve (see pics!). Batting already purchased, will be going to Hobbycraft on Weds to buy fabric for borders and backing.

Phew!

Am worried that the colours are not 'girly' enough for a baby girl, but her parents prefer modern things to traditional, so I hope it is a good compromise if I use pale pink for the border to girl it up a bit, and maybe green for the binding?

No plans for tomorrow, Tuesdays I spend the evening with my parents, so look out on Wednesday for another update!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38279.jpe   attachment-38661.jpe