Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga

Yours is much prettier than mine!!! I seem to recall you discussing this machine w/someone else, the needles are no longer available right?
I would of loved to see your cabinet in its prime. You can tell by the front that it was indeed very pretty.

I have been buying needles on e-bay for a few months now. I probably have enough to last a very long time now. Yes, the WW and the Singer 9W take a special needle that is no longer produced, but if you watch E-Bay you can still get them. They are a little pricey -- around 3 needles for $10, if you are lucky and don't get in a bidding war -- but, well worth it.

Yes, I told everyone about the WW a while back. This guy just lost his Mom, he was in a VA hospital and wanted the machine to go to someone who would appreciate it. When he called me to come look at the machine, I had decided I didn't need another treadle, but after hearing his story I had to go get it. He is going back to Portugal to settle his parents estate there and had to find a home for the treadle in a hurry. I am so glad I did go get the machine -- he almost cried when I took it -- and I promised him it would be taken care of always!

Besides when I saw the machine, I could not resist it -- it is beautiful!

Nancy