Thread: SNOW!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Robinlee

Last year, I had 8-9 days of snowdays (paid days off).......those were my quilting/sewing days only. We usually have large snow amounts up here in the Turtle Mtn's of ND. Now when we move, which hopefully by Thanksgiving.........it will be more ice/wind/snow and will endup with days off due to no power. Our new house as a gas stove/oven, so at least I can cook. I just won't be able to quilt.

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Originally Posted by Robinlee
were expecting 8-10" this afternoon till 1pm tomorrow afternoon in the Turtle Mtn's of ND with 50 mph winds.....so blizzard conditions..........Our first SNOWDAY at work, YIPPEE!!!
Now imagine never having a snow day off for anything, no 'wonderment' of any kind either. That's what it's like in the south. I hate Thanksgiving here...I have to wear shorts and t shirts and the oven gets the house too hot, the a/c runs 10 months of the year. No days off for anything, unless we get an ice storm, then that will shut everything down and of course, no power either- it's like living in a war torn 3rd world nation and having to show up to work the next day.
sorry for the long vent....more pictures please!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna