Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 PM
cherrybsixty

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
You can't leave you guys in the shop too long, not even a day. You guys come up with the most interesting things to show off. Bo, that is a pretty FW. I haven't see Mz Johnny for a couple days around here. Is she diggin around in her orphan stock and looking for something else to work off of? Purple, are you going to show pics of the Cenntenial FW? Now, all you guys hang tight in the shop and keep your eyes out for Mz Johnny. Have fun.
Miz Johnny has been trying to clean house, but is not having much luck. I am housekeeping impaired.
I made yet another trip to northern Kentucky to rummage through the basement of a guy who is sick of selling machine stuff off ebay, and came home with a few machines (5 nice Made-in-Japan class 15 machines), a few lights, and some new old stock bases. I met up with Robin (whom I met on this board) and her husband, and my friend Pam and her husband. A good time was had by all--and we all came home with "stuff".
It took me a couple of days to clean the stuff up enough to come in the house, but I was greatly entertained by a tag on one of the machines. The machines had come from a closed repair shop, and the repair tag stated the work done--including a new motor and wiring--and the cost, a little over $30. There was another tag dated a year later stapled over that that read "Do not release. Storage fee $14) The original tag was dated 1972. The case was in rough shape, but the machine was in beautiful condition. My van smelled like a musty basement for a few days, though.
More than you wanted to know, but my sewing machine diet is going about as well as my other diet. I seem to be gaining both ways.

Miz Johnny in far too phat Kentucky
We missed you in the shop and glad to have you home, sound like a good dig.