Thread: Books
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I was sitting here thinking about what a good book would be for you to buy when it suddenly occured to me that maybe visiting the local library to review a few books before you buy might make better sense. Or a trip to your local quilt store to see what is on the walls you love.

Yes, the first book I ever used was the original quilt in a day log cabin. Back then calicos were mostly what we used. And yes it was a good way to learn. But, if you look around there might be something you like better. Quilting has changed so much that the new gereration of quilter's have made it fun and wonderful.

There is no rule that says you can't start out with applique first. Or how about one of those art quilts. The point being, look around and see what you like and start there. Why not?

Oh one more thing. If you can see your way clear to do it, take a class. There are begining classes at the quilt stores and sometimes though the community services or schools. A teacher is a good thing to help you get a foot up quick.