View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 AM
patdesign

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
What quilt as u go method do u use? Wrote out qayg for any beginners. After much reasearch I have seen the
"Cotton Theory" method but like this teacher I haven't had time yet to cut/sew. Have some blocks finished and not sure what is best method.

Originally Posted by Cyn
Try the quilt as you go method because you can use time away from sewing room/supplies to quilt. I love it. I get all but hand sewing done and carry around that so when I am sitting waiting on appointments, traveling, dinner to cook, laundry to dry or what ever- I can sew! I'n surprised by how fast it goes.
I bought the book and dvd for cotton theory quilting 1 and after reading how it was put together decided I didnt want all the bordering effect that it had so I have never used it however it is reversible so might be good for placemats or table toppers. I found an excellent book by Beth Donaldson "Block by Block" with several quilts and what I consider to be clear directions for QAYG, I am currently following those to make a quilt, it does require sashing, but I think it could be done with out by studying her method. However there is also a website for Acorn Hill Quilts with directions from Rhonda Dohna which you should take a look at, as it does not use sashing, I plan to try that one next. :-D