Thread: quilt from hell
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM
SherryLea

My first quilt wqas called a crazy quilt. You cut different shapes and sewed them on to a large muslin square then you were suppose to sew the squares together and sew in the ditch to quilt it. My trianges and rectangels and squares and odd shapes never joined to gether as they should have. i was using some Mary Engelbrit material and had paid a lot for it. I got so upset I put it in a drawer and left it for 2 years then last year I got it out and decided to see what I could do with it. It was suppose to be king size. I cut it down didn't worry about points and corners put batting and a fannel backing on it and serged around the edges. Turned out rather nice.

With the already quilted pieces I had left made a pillow cover and had enough left to make a lap top bag for my new lap top this year.

I still call it my quilt from Hell but have got lots of compliments on it as it hangs over a chair in my living room
Attached Thumbnails attachment-115842.jpe   attachment-115843.jpe   attachment-115844.jpe   attachment-115845.jpe