View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Pickles

Originally Posted by janRN
Bearlea: I agree and stated in my post that a gift is given and once it's out of our hands that's it. My complaint and I think others feel the same, after a certain age (say 21) everyone should know the amount of work that a hand made object (knitted, crocheted, sewn) has in it. My DIL is 35-she's seen me quilting yet when the dog threw up she grabbed the quilt I made and threw it over the area on the rug with puke on it. Wouldn't you be a little hurt and more than a little angry?? Aren't paper towels invented for that?? I also saw her use a quilt her grandmother made to line the back seat of her car so the kids wouldn't get mud on the seat after soccer practice. Is this someone you would make another quilt for?? If so, bless you, you are more forgiving than I am.
I make many charity quilts and many qults for children and they are used for whatever purpose. I expect more from adults. I don't think it's fair to "look down" on us that feel our quilts deserve more respect than the car upholstery.

I also agree , children are one thing , but your so right adults
should know better!!!! :thumbup: