View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:06 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by e4
First, I have never bought from Connecting threads, which was the original question, and I hate to hijack a thread, but I would like to know why people seem to think the fabric is 100% US made. Connecting Threads website says they use 100% US cotton and they display the Cotton USA label. However, all that label means is that the cotton was grown in the US, not that the fabric is made here. In fact, if you read the site carefully, some fabrics clearly state they are printed overseas. The reality is that the fabric probably was not woven in the US, nor printed in the U.S. Does someone have other information that shows otherwise? I can't find anywhere on the site that it says the fabric actually is made in the U.S.

I agree with you. The cotton is grown in the US but is sent overseas to be woven and printed. Many people believe that the entire process is done here in the US and it is NOT. This topic has been discussed many times previously and people still believe it is all done here and it is just not true. I personally do not purchase from them but many people do love their fabrics, threads and prices.