View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 AM
stevendebbie25

Dritz Kai rotary looks good..I should have that one for class, or the Olfa release handle. Both 45mm I could buy the Gingher blades to put into the release style handles.

That IS an option, 45mm blades fits each brand handle, so you get the option of what you like for a handle, but have the 'stay sharp' of the Gingher quality.
You get what you pay for, and by the time I paid for replacement blades, the Gingher was the better value lasting all year and I make a lot of quilts.
I do have a blade sharpener, but I don't think it gives me more than half the life of the blade back, not like a new sharp blade. If you find you have a nick, it's simply worth replacing the blade.
Gingher has one nice feature for blades, the replacement comes in a case you put the old blade in for disposal, no chance of accidently cutting yourself, or it cutting through a garbage bag.
I also have an old medicine bottle with child guard cap I put old sewing machine needles in or bent pins, so again, I don't have them polking through or stabbing me.