View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 05:19 AM
etheriot

I have a featherweight that my mother bought in 1938. I sewed on it when I was in high school out of necessity. I have made about 10-15 quilt tops on it. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Has a lot of miles on it and still runs perfectly. Mom made a few quilts with it and started a Sunbonnet Sue quilt. After she passed away we three girls found 40 squares so I took 20 of them and made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt. One of my mom's sisters told me she made the squares in 1938 when she had a case of bronchitis. This was my first quilt that I put together. Will get a photo to put on the site. Last night about 11:30 I got my puter up and running again and got all the bells and whistles for the my Bernina and did my first design. Of course, I had help from my 11 year old grandson. He wants me to teach him how to use my 630. He catches on quick. Just wants to go too fast and makes mistakes that might damage my machine. But I have to be patient. Going to make another design now. Talk later. Everyone have a blessed day.