Thread: Hi from NC
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
KLO

Sorry, I have been posting comments but failed to introduced myself. I am from North Central NC. Have been quilting to some degree since about 1990 when I lived in NJ. I love the sound of a running sewing machine. Speaking of which, I just counted and I have eight but really only use two of them steadily .... a Bernina 153 QE which I use for piecing and machine quilting and a Pfaff 1200 which I use only for machine quilting. I also have a Featherweight that my husband bought for me and two treadles. Unlike Karen in AR who just joined, I don't hand piece but I sure do admire her work. Mostly I like nature inspired quilts. I belong to a Guild (but probably will not join again this year) and a small quilt group (about 18 members) that I love! We meet twice a month in each others homes and some of us take quilt show trips and fabric buying trips together. I am really inspired by the quilts shown on this board and am grateful for all the hints and "helps" that are given so freely and generously. Thanks!