View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
katmom54

ok, so my DH was on a business trip and told me about a conversation with one of the guys he was working with...seems this nice man was talking about the LA machine that his wife just got for home quilting...of course, price was part of the discussion and my DH almost choked at the cost (plus the construction of the new room to put it in) and asked " isn't hand quilting supposed to be better anyway?" After I expounded on the 'modern use of technology" and 'alternate art forms" he saw the artistic value in machine quilting. I recently had a quilt LA machine quilted and asked if he thought it was any less pretty or valuable because it wasn't done by hand and he said no, it was a beautiful quilt..then I told him how much it cost to have done..he looked at the pile of fabric and UFO's hanging around the house and said -wow, you might as well own one yourself! ..I do not disillusion myself into thinking that means 'go buy one, dear', but it is getting one step closer....so I also hinted that I should quit my day job and go into quilting full time (LOL!)

SO ...thank you whoever you are for introducing him to LA's ....I wonder if one of you QB's are the lucky wife! ...might not be so hard to get one of my own sometime soon!