View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
loopywren

Originally Posted by pinot
Originally Posted by loopywren
Originally Posted by pinot
I am from the Netherlands and this festival is not from the Netherlands. Maybe the south of France or Spain?
We don't have mountains or hills that high and there are no palmtrees growing there. The climat is too low to grow oranges and palmtrees.
I am sorry but you are wrong.. I have just googled 'orange festival' it takes place around April 30 in Amsterdam, apparently the birthday of the queen, who is from the royal 'orange family' there is lots of info on the web.
That's true. Our queen's birthday is celebrated on the 30th of april (her real birthday is in january). But we have the same climat as in England. Are there growing oranges and palmtrees in England? We have festivities all over the country but nothing like a parade with just oranges.
I must apologise to you.. you are correct, I quoted direct from the site on the web and should have checked further, when I looked at the pictures again I realised they could not be Amsterdam, I have been there. It is the Festival Citrusov and is in the South of France, I should know not to believe all I see on the web. We can grow oranges/lemons outside in the very South of England but not commercially as far as I know, in other areas they are grown in greenhouses. we do grow palm trees outside over a lot of the South of England, we have them here in Kent. Once again I would like to apologise for believing the impossible.