View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Tracy50

Carol Doak has some earlier works that would be (IMHO) better for a beginner. Less pieces and more instant gratification. Much easier to work with. Also, there is a web site www.zippydesigns.com use to be their site there is also a phone # here, but they make great paper. It is thin, and u just use a sharper needle, with a shorter stitch length and it just about tears the paper for you. But, u want to keep the paper on it until you are ready to use it in order for it not to stretch or distort. If u use paper u can't see thru, we use to copy the pattern on the front and the back, so it wouldn't matter if u could see through or not! There is a heavy paper some use for that reason so as not to remove it so it makes it warmer! Zippy Designs Publishing Designs phone # is 1-888-544-7153, in VA. Now this was some years ago, so... but here's a pic of an easier book.....
okay, wait a min. I just fell. I think I need to go lay down, sorry I didn't find the book, but I will....sorry ya'll I'll show ya some more of my work instead, i've been taking pics, but i'll get back to the pp tomorrow,k?

*quilty hugs*
t

1st PP'd sm quilt I made for Woody
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116802[/ATTACH]

Pear Quilt I must Finish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116803[/ATTACH]

Robyn Pandolph Block -Cottage Garden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116804[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116797.jpe   attachment-116798.jpe   attachment-116799.jpe