View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
4boysrus

I am new to piece quilting and am loving it! I had a goal a year ago to make a quilt for the back of the couch for each holiday/season. Of course I have almost all the fabric bought and even some cut out. I got my Valentine one done but it is a lap sized quilt. I had a ball making it!
Then life hit and I didn't get the chance to do much. I have a dedicated room but I also have 4 boys 12 and under. They require a lot of time. I was selfish for a week or two and got my Halloween top and back finished and ready to attempt machine quilting it myself, but that is where it stopped. I didn't get to finish it for this year. I had intentions of asking my MIL quilt it for me on her long arm but that got kibashed when they left our house upset at a few things. Not sure she would do it for me.
I know there is always next year, but that quilt represents a lot more to me. I am proud of it and I want to see it through to the end!
What do you do when you become too busy to get to do what you want to for fun? I have tried thinking of some handwork to take when waiting for kids to get out of school. I would love to hear your ideas!! I love this message board and I come here to dream about getting so many things done. You women are amazing!! Thanks for your inspiration!