View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Debbie B

[quote=GailG]
Originally Posted by Debbie B
That's exactly my problem! My son is 24 and lives & works in West Virginia (been out of the house for 4 - 5 yrs), but he still has stuff stored in his room. He has everything from hunting & kayaking stuff to guitars & lots of cd's and books. I need room for my quilting stuff & sewing machines in there. Not to mention there's also two dog crates & an inversion table in the room. I was just complaining to my DH that when I talk with my DS I will be telling him to either take most of the stuff with him or donate it. I need to clean & organize! Thanks for let me vent.

Inform him that you will rent a storage area and send him the bill. And then do it. That may shake him into doing something about it.
Good idea! He works for a river company in WV doing their on-line advertisements and sometimes working on the river. He loves it. I do miss him and definitely wish that he lived closer. He has so much stuff for all this outdoor sports and music that it's running over. When my DD moved out years ago it took her 4 years to get all her things out of her room. I finally packed up the last little bit in a big box and said take home what you want the rest is going to the Goodwill. But, she only lives a few blocks from me. And has a family. My DS travels a lot on the off season from work. The last couple of years he's gone to South America for the rivers and this year will be spending 3 weeks doing the river of the Grand Canyon. What a life!