Old 11-01-2010, 06:06 AM
sandpat
Power Poster

Another what I thought was a hard week. Y seams, a lot of applique..when you get through this week...congrats!

K11- this one wasn't too hard, but didn't make sense to me with the ends of the stars being cut off...maybe Jane made it the wrong size to start with..who know??? I pp'd the whole thing..easy breezy.

I5- I wanted to bash my head against the wall and maybe did several times. I did this one weird. I first appliqued a clover shape (the yellow flower), then I appliqued a blue circle over the top of that, then I appliqued the beige background color melons to finish it out. I'm just not good enough to have appiqued it any other way, although I'm sure there is a better way to do this block.

I-10- If you are gaining confidence in doing "y" seams, this one will be easy for you. I'm doing better with mine, but still not perfect. As usual for me, 3 of the sides look great...the other side...well..not so much. Again with the "finished better than perfect"

J-9- I chose to pp the entire blokc and then applique the littel diamonds into the corners. I should have pp'd them.

LS-11-I pp'd the entire tri, then appliqued the curve on the bottom. All you curve sewers will have no trouble with this one.

Here's mine....

Week 45
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117170.jpe