View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Corry

Originally Posted by hevemi
I have problems sewing flying geese. No matter what method I use they almost always come out weird. Either the top edge is uneven or the seam allowance is too narrow at the point. The 4-geese-at-once method sometimes comes close -accidentally. Is it a 1/4" problem? My other blocks are OK.
OHHHH...YES. Eleanor Burns flying geese rulers are the way to go. I bought them after having a disaster with my Christmas quilt from last year. My flying geese made it a disaster. I could not quilt it cause it was so out of wack. It is now a table cloth. I started a horse quilt in May and it has flying geese in it and I used the EB ruler and they turned out EXACT on the money. I will even send in this photo so you can see my progress so far and how I was able to get most everything to match. Now the first two rows are sewn together but the other rows to the right are not. The blocks are sewn in verticle rows only. I am fixing to sew it all together this week. I have one more row to go along the bottom then will do my borders. But you see how the rulers really helped me.

This photo you can see the flying geese a little better.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117309[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90801.jpe   attachment-90806.jpe   attachment-117304.jpe