View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
amandasgramma

Just a little note here to you all about bobbins and tension. If your machines are giving you the "eyelash" effect....and you haven't changed the tension, etc.....then listen up. I've been working on a quilt all day today -- all of a sudden, I was getting eyelashes. I did everything the book said, re-threaded, new needle...the whole bit. Finally, I put in a new bobbin....YIP - no more problem. Then I got to wondering...WHY???? I compared the bobbin with another that I'd just used successfully and discovered the faulty bobbin was different! Came out of the same package but was different. How to describe it --- bobbin are two disks with a tube in between. Those two disks were the same size diameter-wise, BUT they were twice as thick!!!!!!!!!! Well, that makes sense...if it's thicker, then it would have a harder "pull"...and tension would need to be adjusted. So, before you start messing with the tension...REALLY look over your bobbins.!!!

This has been a community service, no money has been spent in creating this documentary.. :mrgreen:

d