Old 11-01-2010, 01:56 PM
trupeach1
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltingLee
I'm in! I want to start a healthy diet before my husband (hopefully) lets me join weight watchers in January.

Anyone have/had issues with cooking for a thin spouse and a growing toddler while trying to lose weight? This is my battle! I need them to gain weight and me to lose, all while making good food they will eat.

Also I love baking and am trying to make all of my baking recipes more healthy.

P.S. My most expensive medical bill is to Dr.Pepper. I cannot get rid of this guy!!! I've tried even the diet kinda blach!

It isn't that ( If I really know would I have to lose 40 more pounds?) Anyway if you are making mashed potatoes before you mash them with butter and milk take your portion (MEASURE IT) out of the pot and just lightly salt them. If you eat family style and and have veggies in bowls on the table don't put butter on them let who wants butter put it on their veggies. That is how I started. I lost 24 lb so far. As for desserts make plain stuff like baked apples and then add to theirs with ice cream or whipped cream. You can bake and eat it too you just have to learn how to do it.