Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
fryguymoore

Originally Posted by Qbee
Originally Posted by QuiltingLee
Anyone have/had issues with cooking for a thin spouse and a growing toddler while trying to lose weight? This is my battle! I need them to gain weight and me to lose, all while making good food they will eat.
I TOTALLY know what you are going through!! My DH is one of those that has the opposite problem. He can eat and eat and eat and can NOT get meat on his bones. He is a little over 6 foot tall and weighs 146 pounds!!!! So yes, I make lots of goodies for him and then there I sit....ugh! I do try to have stuff around for him that I don't particularly like and that helps some. Good luck!! :D
I have two kids on medication that makes them not hungry. This is a big part of the reason I gained so much weight back [was down 40, now only 25]. The school called child protective services on my family because they thought my son was too thin [and to avoid providing him special education services, but that is another story!] Anyway, I had to make him gain weight fast and having all that really bad food in the house didn't help me at all, I have no self control. So now all the kids are in private school and I keep the few foods I don't like for snacks like fig newtons and those icky peanut beatnut cracker packs in the house. I send the foods I like with them for lunch.

Halloween candy is usually a huge problem too. This year I had the kids count theirs so I wouldn't be able to sneak it :)