View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
sheila bee

Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by sheila bee
Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by sheila bee
I use mine a long as can...which is really stupid on my part..since i am thinking the whole time..change the blade...the other day my large rotery blade cracked in tooo!!!!! Ever had that happen ????
Wow, You must really press hard!! Hope you didn't get cut.
I was lucky did't get cut ....lesson learned ...don't wait so long next time....
I really wasn't pressing that hard ...i was shocked .....will be more cautious...
I can't imagine how you could break a blade. It must have been really scary to have that happen.

Please remember the old Chef's rule: The duller the knife, the bigger the chance of cutting yourself. The same works with rotary cutters. I always advocate safety first. I've seen and heard of too many accidents with rotary cutters.

One case in point was my friend cut the edge of her thumb and nail off because she was not only pressing too hard, but she got distracted at the same time. Fortunately, although she got a very strange manicure on her thumb nail, she only grazed the thick skin you have on the edge of your thumb and there was very little bleeding. But, I have heard worse stories...