View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
patricej
Administrator

thanks, all, very much for the compliments. :P

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Beautiful! And it looks like the points are perfect.
the joke is on both of us. i thought there were only two mis-joined points until i started quilting it. holeeeeeeeee smoke! there are about a bazillion places where things don't line up the way they're supposed to. i am ignoring them now. :lol:

the layout is my design. the first star is the ohio star, which i know is in the public domain. i got the second star by fiddling with the first. i suppose there's a slight chance it's an original variation, but i wouldn't be suprised to find it is also out there somewhere in the public domain.

i will eventually package the pattern for sale. (i have more than a half-dozen "eventuals". :lol: ) if i ever get my inventory of for-sale patterns up to snuff, i'll risk getting my ego smooshed by shopping a few around to magazines. letting a few go for "cheap" would be good publicity. for now, though, i'm sitting in the bowl with kathy's chicken. :lol:

I was going to call it Mine, but somebody bought it before it was done. Soooo ... I've named it to honor PrettyKitty, because she was the first to suggest a name; and to honor those who also had ideas based on stars and/or flowers. It is:

Starburst In My Garden