View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Cyn
I know the best way to keep smoke smell out of your quilts is to Not Smoke but if it's in there already- How do you get it out for good? Do you have to wash them? hang them outside? Is there a better way besides avoiding the smoke altogehter? Does the stuff called febreeze work? Some should not be washed and it's getting pretty chilly to hang outside right now so any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!
The biggest problem is that if there is a smoke smell then there is also smoke residue (the tar) in the fabric Having lived with smokers all my young life, and cleaning out my mother's house after she died, I know about this topic. You really need to wash everything that smells of smoke. Some of the fabric of my mother's I just ended up throwing it out because I couldn't get rid of the smell after several washings with various additives. Even bed sheets smelled; tablecloths, magazines everything. I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke, makes my throat close up. Good luck trying.