View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
craftyone27

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
I have a question too about an iron. I have a Rowent and I'm not thrilled. For what I paid for it (Joanne's of course won't allow a coupon). Any way, my question is. I keep getting fusible stuck to the bottom of it and it smells bad and I'm concerned it will come off on my fabric. HOW DO I CLEAN THE BOTTOM OF THE IRON. I did purchase some stuff @ Joanne's I think that cleans the bottom of the iron but I will have to buy stock in the company at the rate I'm using it. I finally started using a teflon sheet when fusing. Any ideas or suggestions? I love this site and all the tips so I know someone will be able to help me.
One other option to keep fusibles off your iron's sole plate - cut two pieces of parchment paper(available at groceery store) and place fusibles between the parchment papers before pressing. This will keep fusibles off the iron and the ironing board cover. Not sure what it is you don't like about the Rowenta - but hopefully my suggestion will help with your fusible issues.