Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 PM
n2scraplvr

Now let's talk about color and tips!! Any scraps will work but notice that I did scatter some colors around. I made 6 blocks with turquoise in and scattered those blocks throughout the quilt. This is a must! You need that color! Also, try to limit the use of red in the block because that's your center's color.

Throw in some graphic prints. You need that! Every now and then use a big floral in the block. Plaids, checks and stripes work great!

If you want the corners to sparkle mroe, use a lt. blue fabric in one of the corners and scatter those blocks. I hardly ever use lt. blue in a quilt but discovered this by accident! You know light reflects light so when you put it in a block of med. lights, it really lights things up! Notice that I did use a few of those.

If you want a beautiful quilt, do this in the reverse of what I did -- white centers with a red background will be gorgeous!! The reason this quilt works so well is the balance of warm and cool colors together. Now go have fun with your scraps!!!

Thank you all for your kindness. It means a lot! I'll be glad to help any of you with whatever comes up when making this quilt. Just PM me if you have questions! Thank you for following along in this tut and loving my work!! God bless you all!