View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 AM
quiltin chris

I began sewing when I joined 4-H at 9 years old. My first machine was a Nelco. I guess Mom got tired of me using her Necchi. I had the Nelco til after I got married. Then I started really sewing--chambray shirts for my husband to wear to work, mending, clothes for myself etc. After a few years Viking came out with their first computerized machine. It had specialty stitches on a wand that was inserted in a large slot on the front of the machine. I used that for many years til Janome came out with their embroidery/sewing machines. Well I could hardly wait to get one but I managed to wait for the Memory Craft 9000.

In the meantime, I bought a Janome Serger which I despise and never really learned to use it well.
Then I started quilting and bought a Janome Jem to take to classes.
I met a lady who got me interested in antiques. I bought a Singer Featherweight and a Singer Treadle. I don't use them at all now.

I traded the Janome 9000 for a 10000 and upgraded it to the 10001. Now I am slobbering over the Horizon and the Janome 11000 SE.

My husband says I have too many--but when I look at the wood shop tools my guys have I don't feel guilty at all!!

Chris