View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
donac

My mother has been sewing all my life. I have pictures of Easters where we all have the same outfit. One year she even made my dad and bother sports coats to match our capes and the lining of the capes matched our dresses and berets.

I learned to sew when I was about 10 but I had to share the machin with my mother all my 4 sisters. When I first started working ( worked as a janitor during a summer and cleaned a school) My first income tax refund bought my first singer sewing machine. we all bought Singers. Before I got married we had 6 sewing machines in the house. everyone had their own. I think I am the only one who still sews consistently.

I had that about 16 years. When my son was a baby I bought a Kenmore. I had that 10 years when I bought an Elna. I had that for 15 years and loved it to death. It didn't even go in reverse when I traded it in for a new Elna last year.

I often think I would love my grandmothers's machine but someone else got it. I would love a featherweight but I don't think that is in the cards either.

There are also times I wish I could spend mega bucks to buy the top of the line machine but I am too practical of a person to that. I do love my Elna and I am using it more since I have found this inspirational site.