View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Izaquilter

Gosh I feel so deprived! AM I the ONLY one who taught herself to quilt? There were "home ec" classes where I had to make a project there but never had one stitch of interest at that time. It wasn't until I was pregnant with our first child & I wanted to make him a baby quilt. I hand embroideried about 12 blocks, all little animals, put the sashing on & then never finished it! It wasn't until about 16 yrs later I decided to make our youngest son a clown outfit. Then he outgrew a baby quilt that was made for him & I was going thru the terrible teens with our oldest child so that is when I took up quilting. I started off with a plain label machine. did not have a name or brand on it anywhere. Then I bought a small end Janome & used that for several years. After that my DH talked me into investing into my first Bernina. I have sewed on that for 10 yrs & just last April bought my 2nd Bernina. I am using the embroidery module a lot on my new machine where I never used it on my other Bernina. So I taught myself but I am trying to teach my grand daughter. I hope some day she writes on here that "her grandmother" taught her to quilt! That would make me so proud :o}