Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

[quote=bj]
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by bj
I love the Verna block, too! That was my DH's grandmother. She lived with us for a couple of years. I'm thinking of making table toppers using that block for her kids and grandkids. They all adored her so much.
That's ok. I thought you'd probably named it yourself. I've never seen the block with that name before. But I like it and I loved her, so if you don't mind I'm sticking with my plan of table toppers with this design.
I am honored to have you use it that way! It is a great way for me to remember my grandma. I have always been fascinated with how many V names there were in that generation. My other grandma was Leora and those were names I had never heard anywhere else til I was an adult. I love the old fashioned names. My grandpa had twin cousins named Viola and Violet. There were a lot of V names back then. Flossie was an elderly lady I used to visit. And Hattie was the name of a lady I used to take care of. I loved her name. We have drawn on family names and I have asked alot of people for names. I just think the old fashioned names make these quilt blocks special. :mrgreen: