Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 AM
jcrilley

Originally Posted by Lystra
I just bought home my new Bernina but I have to tell you that with sooo many machines out there it was a difficult decision and now I am second guessing myself...I didn't start that until after the sales person put my credit card through and at the same time told me NO REFUNDS! Having said that I love the machine it is simple and sooo easy to use and inituitive which I need. Not to many bells and whistles just a great sewing machine. I love, love the walking foot that I paid way, way too much for ($158) saw it on ebay for $69. My last machine was a Bernette 17 years old. I just started quilting this Jan. and had to upgrade. It has all the features of the Janome 6600 except for the automatic thread cutter and easy to get to bobbin, that part I don't like but the 350 is very well made...can't get out of it now :-) I paid $1500 including the walking foot. Does anyone have one yet?
Don't have that model but purchased an 1120 over 25 years ago ($1100 even back then). I must have a million miles on it and the first trip to the repair shop was this summer, which only cost $100. Nearly indestructible, a work horse and remarkable resale value if you ever decide to trade in or sell. You can't go wrong!